We have two main areas of Village Greens, both on Hartfield Road. These are Forester’s Green and Rush Green. Other areas, officially registered as village green are the deep verges on the A22. Registered Village Greens are protected by law and have strict limitations on what they can be used for.
We also have several areas of amenity land – one of the main areas being at the rear of Forester’s Green where the Youth Club used to be. This is the area that we are looking at for developing future youth facilities.
The Council also maintains land in:
- Lower Road (Trimmer’s Green)
- Stonepark Drive (Forest Row Canal)
- Forester’s Link
- Doctor’s Hill
- Gilham Bank (the wooded area)
- Park Crescent (under licence from East Sussex County Council)
- Wall Hill triangle (under licence from East Sussex County Council)
We also own Newlands Place and some years ago completely redeveloped the area, making it the attractive space it is now.